[Product-Developers] setup.py releases (mkrelease), plone.org product listing and Plone 4 compatibility

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Tue Apr 12 21:00:26 UTC 2011

On 4/12/11 1:58 PM, Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found out that Web and Mobile does not appear in Download&  Extend
> listing.
>
> http://plone.org/products/web-and-mobile
>
> I suspect the reason is that
>
> * The egg has been release using mkrelease
>
> * The metadata for the release does not state Plone 4 compatibility, or
> plone.org does not pick it up
>
> All other packages say they are "Plone 4 compatible". What do I need to in
> order to announce "Plone 4 compatibility" with my package, but so that I can
> still use automatic release tools?
I always make releases using jarn.mkrelease, then log into plone.org,
edit the release and set the compatibility info. There isn't a way for
this to get set automatically at this point.
David

David Glick
 Web Developer
 davidglick at groundwire.org
 206.286.1235x32

Groundwire: You Are Connected
 http://groundwire.org

Online tools and strategies for the environmental movement.  Sign up for Groundwire News!
 http://groundwire.org/email-capture