[Product-Developers] Releasing plugins to pypi AND plone.org

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Apr 6 12:44:50 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011, at 1:24 AM, Gilles Lenfant wrote:

> Le 5 avr. 2011 à 16:55, Wichert Akkerman a écrit :

>>> What about "user management", "media", "themes", "fields and
>>> widgets" and other Plone (or more generally CMS) field
>>> classifiers. Most are not on Pypi classifiers.
>>
>> You could use keywords. But I think you misunderstand the idea.
>> What I had in mind (and it was just a quick thought thrown out) is
>> something like this:
>>
>> * developer create software, submits to pypi where all python
>> software
>> lives
>> * plone.org admin or develop himself wants software to appear on
>> plone.org, so creates a product in plone.org/products, selects the
>> 'pull updates from pypi' checkbox and enters the distribution name
>>
>> at that point plone.org can fully automatically receive updates
>> from pypi and show them on plone.org. I did not suggest that
>> plone.org would somehow automatically discover things on pypi -
>> just that it would be nice if it was possible if you could link a
>> plone.org product with a package on pypi and have plone.org pull
>> updates from pypi.
>
> Ah, OK. Maybe this could help...
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPiXmlRpc

Awesome. Who wants to volenteer to integrate it into PloneSoftwareCenter

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.PloneSoftwareCenter/trunk/Products/PloneSoftwareCenter/

I notice there is already pypi integration code in there to get the
download counts.

http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/Products.PloneSoftwareCenter/trunk/Products/PloneSoftwareCenter/pypi.py