[Product-Developers] Is there a way to "browse" the ZCA machinery?

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Apr 6 02:07:39 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011, at 9:05 AM, Ross Patterson wrote:

> Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo <noe at iservices.com.mx>
> writes:
>
>> Sometimes reading code does not give a clear understanding of which
>> bits of code are being used when working with utilities, components
>> etc..
>>
>> It may be that I still don't quite understand the ZCA Machinery, but,
>> is there a way to "browse" or graph all the relations between
>> Utilities, adapters, and so on?
>
> At a sprint a while back, I made an attempt to graft zope.app.apidoc
> onto Plone.  zope.app.apidoc is essentially a ZCA browser.  I got an
> initial prototype working but there were still many errors.  You can
> check it out at:
>
>    plone-coredev/experimental/apidoc.cfg

Is there any tools that can extract useful documentation from the
static ZCA registrations?

The reason I ask is that we have the collective.developermanual which
generates its documentation from sphinx. Sphinx has a nice that would
allow us to link in the Plone codebase and generate documentation
directly from parts of the code if we choose. To my knowledge that's
not something we've taken advantage of yet.