[Product-Developers] Is there a way to "browse" the ZCA machinery?

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Wed Apr 6 01:19:43 UTC 2011

On 06/04/2011, at 9:05 AM, Ross Patterson wrote:

> Noe Misael Nieto Arroyo <noe at iservices.com.mx>
> writes:
>
>> Sometimes reading code does not give a clear understanding of which
>> bits of code are being used when working with utilities, components
>> etc..
>>
>> It may be that I still don't quite understand the ZCA Machinery, but,
>> is there a way to "browse" or graph all the relations between
>> Utilities, adapters, and so on?
>
> At a sprint a while back, I made an attempt to graft zope.app.apidoc
> onto Plone.  zope.app.apidoc is essentially a ZCA browser.  I got an
> initial prototype working but there were still many errors.  You can
> check it out at:
>
>    plone-coredev/experimental/apidoc.cfg

+1

I think this could be a huge win if this existed. Currently you have
to know the code quite well and be very handy with grep to know how to
traverse who adapts what in a live Plone system. The simpler we can
make that for newbies to understand the better off we are :)

Good GSoC project maybe for any students out there?