[Product-Developers] Releasing plugins to pypi AND plone.org

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at alterway.fr
Tue Apr 5 14:47:27 UTC 2011

Le 5 avr. 2011 à 14:17, Wichert Akkerman a écrit :

> On 4/5/11 14:11 , Gilles Lenfant wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Advocating to publish new releases and components to plone.org for these two main reasons :
>>
>> * There's no Plone specific component categorization in Pypi. Searching in Pypi is somehow spartan.
>
> That is trivially fixed by requesting a Plone classifier in pypi.

What about "user management", "media", "themes", "fields and widgets" and other Plone (or more generally CMS) field classifiers. Most are not on Pypi classifiers.

>> * Showing frequent changes in the plone.org/products section is a major marker of an active project for newcomers and ID managers.
>
> If plone.org/products would pull updates from pypi that would happen automatically as well.

What about the nice screenshots (theme components, or widgets) or the Plone compat chart ?

Publishing to plone.org is just a line for me :

$ python2.6 setup.py register sdist upload -r plone-org

... With appropriate words in my ~/.pypirc file. Then just some clicks to mark the Plone 3/4 compatibility.

http://docs.python.org/release/2.6.6/distutils/packageindex.html

Cheers.
--
Gilles Lenfant