[Product-Developers] Releasing plugins to pypi AND plone.org

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Mon Apr 4 07:09:58 UTC 2011

On 4/4/11 06:27 , Dylan Jay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed a lot of plugins these days have newer releases on pypi than
> on plone.org.
> This becomes a pain for experienced people has we have to search both
> places to see if there are updates.

Personally I never even look at plone.org anymore - pypi is where all
python software is, and often you need both plone and non-plone things
and having a single place for both is convenient.

Maybe plone.org should use the pypi API to scrape packages with a Plone
classifier and instead of requiring double uploads.

WIchert.