[Product-Developers] Releasing plugins to pypi AND plone.org

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Apr 4 04:27:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed a lot of plugins these days have newer releases on pypi than
on plone.org.
This becomes a pain for experienced people has we have to search both
places to see if there are updates. It becomes off putting for newbies
as they will look at plone.org and see much fewer plone 4 compatible
releases than there are in reality due to the filtering. In addition
they see a big warning flag saying the product is potentially not
supported anymore if there was been no plone.org release in a year.

I suspect part of the reason for this is that tools like
jarn.mkrelease are getting more popular. Once you release once in
mkrelease it doesn't let you release again to another server without
playing with its settings.

You can get round this by specifying two index servers

mkrelease -d pypi -d plone.org src/mypackage

I'm pretty sure you can also do something like this

mkrelease -d pypi src/mypackage
mkrelease --no-tag -d plone.org src/mypackage

or is there another reason why plone.org/products aren't being updated?

---
Dylan Jay
Technical Solutions Manager
PretaWeb: reducing duplication in the government web.
P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/djay75 | linkedin.com/
in/djay75