[Product-Developers] Products.OrderableReferenceField release

Giovanni Toffoli toffoli at uni.net
Thu Mar 25 18:19:25 UTC 2010

Hi Radim,

this isn't an answer to your question. But I take the opportunity for doing
a couple of remarks.

1.
For Plone 2.5, I had contributed to fix a problem concerning the "addable
support".
I don't think it is still working in Plone 3.
In any case, I prefer not to rely on it any more, since its implementation
is very complex and, I think to remember, it cannot handle well cases such
as canceling the Add operation.
2.
I find annoying the fact that all the items in the right panel are being
selected after any IN/OUT or UP/DOWN operation; this is necessary since the
right panel represents the "selected" list.
In an application I've disabled this behaviour with a patch to
orderablereference.js, but had to patch also the edit form (!) so that all
items in the right panel get selected just when the user submits the form.
Any idea on solving the problem in a better way ?

Giovanni Toffoli