[Product-Developers] Python-created content has no title. Permissions?

Johannes Schwenk johannes.schwenk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:01:08 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I need some help figuring out what is wrong with my code of an
Archetypes based content type I am writing.

I have something like this in one of my content types (MyType2):

typestool = getToolByName(obj, 'portal_types')
v = aq_parent(aq_inner(obj)).content
vid = v.generateUniqueId("MyType")
typestool.constructContent(type_name="MyType",
    container=v,
    id=vid,
    title=subj)

I have this in a loop over the values of a LinesField newly assigning
subj for every iteration.

The whole point of this, is automated creation of content every time an
object of MyType2 is changed.

So I have an object1 of type MyType2. I am modifying object1: on save,
object2 of type MyType is created inside a special Folder (also of type
MyType)

This all works well, if I am Manager.

The *Problem*:

If I only have the local roles (u'Contributor', u'Editor', u'Reader') on
both object1 and the special folder, the created object is missing the
title!

This is very strange... Any thoughts?

Johannes