[Product-Developers] Re: Howto create a page template for a folderish archetype content type?

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 24 09:27:02 UTC 2010

Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Mirto,

> I'm trying to create a custom view for a content type derived from
> atfolder.

Hope you solved this in the meantime
but if not and for the archive ...

> How can I put in the .pt file the data relative to the items contained
> in the folder?
>
> I looked at http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual but I
> was not able to find what I need.
>
> I tried to find the base_view.pt (well this was the name in plone 2.5
> days) for atfolder between the plone eggs; but I found nothing. Probably
> it changed name and egg.

'base_view' should still be around in the
'archetypes' skin layer (code base:
the Product.Archetypes egg, portal_skins
in ZMI) and it should be the default view
for all AT-based content types (though I have
to admit that I have no idea whether AGX messes
with that).

base_view in turn pulls in a bunch of macros:
header, body, folderlisting, footer (or so) which
can selectively be overridden on type basis (the
<portaltype>_view.pt way as pointed out).

If you do not see a folderlisting part for your type
I would start by checking the conditions used by the
folderlisting macro in your context.

BTW: what do you get when you just append '/base_view'
to the URL of an instance of your custom type?

See http://www.zopyx.de/downloads/documentation/mysite.pdf/view
and there in particular the 'Views' subsection in
'Basic customization' section of the 'Customizing
Archetypes' chapter.

Raphael