[Product-Developers] Re: Re: unit test on Plone 4.0b1

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sat Mar 20 14:33:52 UTC 2010

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> On 3/20/10 14:02 , leejason wrote:
>>

>> BTW, I just tried the following in buildout.cfg:
>>
>> [test]
>> recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
>> eggs =
>>      Products.PressRoom
>>
>> and found errors as below. It seems to me the root cause might be the
>> same as how to have "all the dependencies pulled in properly." Can
>> anybody shed some light? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Test-module import failures:
>>
>> Module: Products.PressRoom.tests.testFolderUpgrade
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File
>> "d:\server\plone4a3\eggs\products.pressroom-3.3-
py2.6.egg\Products\PressRoom\__init__.py",
>> line 1, in<module>
>>      from Products.CMFCore import utils, DirectoryView
>> ImportError: No module named CMFCore
>
> This looks like a bug in Products.PressRoom: it apparently does not
> declare a dependency on Products.CMFCore. In Plone 3 that is not very
> problematic, but for Plone 4 with a separate testrunner these kinds of
> bugs suddenly become visible.

Thanks for this discussion - I'm loathe to even test Plone4 at the moment
because I don't know enough about this sort of change.

Surely, though, dependencies on something like CMFCore should be fulfilled
by declaring the dependency on Plone.  I don't mind having to add
dependencies to all of my Plone products - I've long suspected some of them
were not quite clean - but there should be a "plone-minimal" dependency that
includes all packages that are required by every Plone product.
--
derek