[Product-Developers] Re: p4a.subtyper with multiple Plone sites in a Zope instance

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sun Mar 14 23:38:52 UTC 2010

On 15/03/2010, at 10:26 AM, Wouter Vanden Hove wrote:

> Matt Yoder wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to start using p4a.plonecalendar, but I've run into an issue
>> where Subtyper show up in all Plone sites in the Zope instance
>> regardless
>> of whether Plone4Artists calendar in installed.
>
> A lot of addons in collective suffer from this.
> It seems like the idea of running multiple plone-sites in a zope-
> instance is
> being gradually abandonded.

Have to disagree there.
It's a consequence that browserviews are global by default unless you
specifically tie them to a browserlayer you install in your install
profile.
It's an unfortunate consequence of ZTK design that you have to do more
more work to make something site specific. It shows a lack of training/
documentation that this occurs in addons but I don't think indicates
shared platforms are becoming less common. My experience has been the
opposite.