[Product-Developers] Re: Howto create a page template for a folderish archetype content type?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Mar 12 16:48:00 UTC 2010

Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm trying to create a custom view for a content type derived from
> atfolder.
>
> How can I put in the .pt file the data relative to the items contained
> in the folder?
>
> I looked at http://plone.org/documentation/manual/developer-manual but I
> was not able to find what I need.
>
> I tried to find the base_view.pt (well this was the name in plone 2.5
> days) for atfolder between the plone eggs; but I found nothing. Probably
> it changed name and egg.

You poor people stuck on Windows :-)

$ locate base_view.pt
/home/derek/plone/eggs/Products.Archetypes-1.5.10-
py2.4.egg/Products/Archetypes/skins/archetypes/base_view.pt

That said, I'm not certain base_view _is_ the base template for a folder.
It looks like folder_listing to me:

$ locate *folder*.pt
/home/derek/plone/eggs/Plone-3.2.1-
py2.4.egg/Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_content/folder_listing.pt

Of course you don't need to completely replace the view - drop a template in
your skins template directory, named "name_view.pt", where 'name' is the
lower case name of the content type, and just override the slots or macros
you need.
--
derek