[Product-Developers] best practices regarding uninstall-profiles?

Wouter Vanden Hove wouter at wvhconsulting.org
Mon Mar 8 15:35:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

I would like some feedback on current best practices
regarding the uninstall-procedure for the plone-product/package.

Many collective modules have a default GS-profile for installation,
but most lack an uninstall-profile.
Is this a good practice and have we given up on writing uninstall-profiles?

Or is this manual still valid:
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/genericsetup/creating-an-uninstall-profile

If so, does anyone have a list of GenericSetup handlers that currently
support the "remove" attribute for an uninstall-profile?

--
Greets,
WouterVH