[Product-Developers] Re: POSKeyError when indexing using External Method

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Mar 4 23:18:49 UTC 2010

Neil Stokes, on 2010-02-27:

> I have an external method that exposes the last editor attribute of all
> objects in the site.  Code is as follows:
>
> def last_editor(self):
>     """Return the last editor of an object."""
>
>     jar=self._p_jar
>     oid=self._p_oid
>     if jar is None or oid is None: return None
>     result=jar.db().history(oid)[0]['user_name']
>     return result

That looks far too low level.  Can't you just do something like this
(untested):

def last_editor(self):
    wtool = getToolByName(self, 'portal_workflow')
    review_history = wtool.getInfoFor(self, 'review_history', [])
    if not review_history:
        return ''
    last_change = review_history[-1]
    return last_change['actor']

I wrote this by looking at
Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_deprecated/review_history.pt

> If I now go back to my site and create a new object of one of the indexable
> classes (Folder or my own object class ArchiveImage) I get a POSKeyError.
> This only occurs when adding an indexable object...I can add objects of
> other classes with no problem.
>
> If I delete the index, I can then add items of those classes again, so it
> seems there is a problem whereby the zope does not know how to update the
> index.  I suspect that zope is attempting to update the index before
> committing the new object to the database, and that causes the error since
> the OID is not found.

Sounds plausible to me.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/
What are you going to create today?