[Product-Developers] Re: Ordering contents in a borg.project workspace

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Mar 3 03:01:18 UTC 2010

Guido Stevens wrote:

> Giovanni Toffoli wrote:
>> Since I find annoying not being able to order contents inside a b-org
>> workspace, I've tried to modify the class Project inside the module
>> content.py, by letting it to derive also from OrderedContainer (defined
>
>> Anybody can suggest to me what else to do in order to reach my goal? TIA.
>
> I'm wondering if the "unify folder implementations" PLIP that went into
> Plone4 doesn't solve your problem, or at least provides you with a good
> hunting ground for code solutions:
>
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9316

Darn, you had me anxiously looking forward to plone 4 - but I can't see how
that could apply, as there doesn't seem to be any borg involvement...

A year ago, Robert Rotterman said he had something using borg.project almost
finished - but I don't know if he was doing Ordered folders.  I used
borg.project, and then ran up against this particular issue.  I really want
a genuine AT folder that does local role handling (and no, we went through
this a year ago, the sharing tab is not sufficient).
--
derek