[Product-Developers] managing vocabularies for dexterity types

Kees Hink hink at gw20e.com
Thu Jan 28 15:14:50 UTC 2010

After reading
http://plone.org/products/dexterity/documentation/manual/developer-manual/advanced/vocabularies,
i wonder if there is a "best practice" way for managing vocabularies that can
be used by dexterity content types.

I see there's a Plone 4 branch of ATVocabularyManager, is that advisable and
will that be usable for dexterity content types?

Our use case: We have a content type on which a user can set a number of
pre-defined "categories" (not in the "Subject" sense), and we want our content
managers to be able to add these categories.

Of course, there's always the option to build a custom tool/utility solution
for this, but i was wondering if there's another option for the lazy programmer.

Kees