[Product-Developers] Re: Smartypants

Shane Graber sgraber at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:53:03 UTC 2010

Ok, that is pretty strange.  typogrify_text.py in the ZMI looks like this:

## Script (Python) "typogrify_text"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=
##title=
##
## Script (Python) "typogrify_text"
##bind container=container
##bind context=context
##bind namespace=
##bind script=script
##bind subpath=traverse_subpath
##parameters=ttext=None
##title=Returns text that has been run through smartypants and typogrify
markup enhancers

from Products.AAOLMViews.typogrify import typogrify

return typogrify(ttext)
-------

If I remove the byte-order-marker from typogrify_text.py, I get rid of the
double header and the errors go away and my page renders properly.  I had no
idea that the BOM being set on a Script (Python) would do that and that's
the *only* thing I changed.  Is that a known issue???

Shane

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Raphael Ritz
<r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de>wrote:

> Shane Graber wrote:
>
>> Both of the below variants yield the same traceback as the original:
>> TypeError: typogrify_text() takes no arguments (1 given)

>>            TYPOGRIFIED TEXT REPLACED HERE
>>

> Seems to me like somehow your definition of the 'text' argument isn't
> recognized by the script.
>
> How does it look like when viewed in ZMI? Do you see
>
>  text
>
> appearing in the "Parameter" column when going to the "Test"
> tab?
>

> Raphael

Shane  ∞  http://google.com/profiles/sgraber
---------
I'm so cool I can be used to prove Bose-Einstein Condensation!