[Product-Developers] bug with portetRenderer?

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Jan 18 04:58:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

In collective.carousel is the following definition

     <plone:portlet
         name="portlet.Carousel"
         interface=".carousel.ICarouselPortlet"
         assignment=".carousel.Assignment"
         view_permission="zope2.View"
         edit_permission="plone.portlet.collection.AddCollectionPortlet"
         renderer=".carousel.Renderer"
         addview=".carousel.AddForm"
         editview=".carousel.EditForm"
         />

carousel.Renderer etc all inherit from
plone.portlet.collection.collection and the Renderer uses its own
template

class Renderer(base.Renderer):
     render = ViewPageTemplateFile('carousel.pt')

This seems all fine and works well until I install a theme with the
following zcml

     <plone:portletRenderer
     portlet="plone.portlet.collection.collection.ICollectionPortlet"
     layer=".interfaces.IThemeSpecific"
     template="templates/collection.pt"
     />

This changes the renderer for ICarouselPortlet as well as
ICollectionPortlet and all my carousel portlets appear as collection
portlets even though they add and edit forms still remain as carousel
forms.

Is that expected?

---
Dylan Jay, Plone Solutions Manager