[Product-Developers] A bit of help with a Collective project...

Shane Graber sgraber at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 03:29:37 UTC 2010

I was wondering if I could have someone look over a project I'm
working on for the collective.  I've created a project called
'collective.intensedebate' (based on the collective.disqus [1]
codebase) that integrates the Intense Debate [2] comments with Plone.
Initially I've uploaded it to github [3] until I get the issues worked
out and feel OK having it in a more commonly stored repository where
normal Plone products are located.

While working with the collective.disqus codebase, I've come to learn
that there are a couple issues that are wrong w/ the product and I
can't seem to correct for Plone 3.1.7 (the author states that it
uninstalls properly in Plone 4):

1. The /default/viewlets.xml doesn't hide the plone comments view
properly when installed

2. The /uninstall/viewlets.xml doesn't uninstall the Intense Debate
view properly

3. The uninstall routine at /Extensions/Install.py doesn't uninstall
the configlet properly/cleanly. The action @ portal_controlpanel is
removed based on what I see in the ZMI and from the control panel w/in
plone but you can still get to @@intensedebate-controlpanel even after
uninstalling the product in the Plone control panel.

I know I'm leaving some 'junk' w/in Plone after the uninstall and I
don't want to release this into the collective svn until it works
properly.

What I'm looking for is someone that would be willing to mentor me a
bit so that I can fix the problems with this product and that I can
subsequently contribute better to the Collective with other products
in the future.  Is there someone out there that would be willing to
look at this and help me a bit?

Thanks,

Shane Graber

[1] https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.disqus/trunk/