[Product-Developers] Re: Integrating collective.carousel and collective.contentleadimage

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Feb 17 15:43:44 UTC 2010

Denys Mishunov, on 2010-02-17:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
>> I've just uploaded the work I've done on this
>>
>> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.carousel/branches/djay-collective.leadimage
>
> Thanks for doing this Maurits and Dylan. I will check your code as
> soon as possible and will think about merging it into trunk. I will
> need to think whether we need that leadimage stuff to be in default
> tile or as a separate tile though. I would like to keep default tile
> as simple as possible in order to let developers write their own tiles
> for their particular case (that leadimage might be). So I am leaning
> towards making that as a separate tile at the moment, but we'll see.

A separate tile will be tricky in this case, as there is no specific
context or interface you can register this tile for, as
collective.contentleadimage just extends schemas of existing content
types, just like collective.carousel does.

It defines a browser layer, which may help, but this may need a third
layer that inherits from the browser layers of both packages and have
a tile registered for only that layer...

An extra package for this integration is always an option of course.
It would be a very small package, but I don't think there is a minimum
for the number of bytes a package must contain. ;-)

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/
What are you going to create today?