[Product-Developers] Re: plone.contentratings for Plone 4

Kees Hink hink at gw20e.com
Mon Feb 15 17:04:04 UTC 2010

My colleague Huub figured it out, I'll try to explain it.

When the ++UserRating++ traverser lookup is done, another adapter lookup for
traversal is applied to the view, which ends up with
Products.Five.browser.metaconfigure.ViewMixinForTemplates's publishTraversal.
We added our own publishTraverse method to the view to use from
ZPublisher.BaseRequest.DefaultPublishTraverse instead.

A new problem occurred then: After rating, an IObjectRatedEvent event is fired.
If this inherits from IObjectModified, you'll get permission errors. We
subclassed it from zope.component.interfaces.IObjectEvent instead.

The complete changeset is here:
http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/111030/contentratings/trunk

Kees