[Product-Developers] Re: Correct way to use paster with buildout?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Fri Feb 12 08:16:53 UTC 2010

aclark wrote:

> Ah right, that's the issue. Well, I *think* it's what facilitates the
> locals commands e.g.
> 'paster addcontent' and such. But I'm not sure, never looked at the code.

Yup I think this causes it.

paster addcontent is critical to develop Plone content types. Since Plone 3,
ramping up a single content type by hand is such a mess that you really
don't want to do it. However if you use stock paster it pulls all the
dependencies locally to your development folder and in the worst case they
end up to the commit.

I think making paster to use special PYTHONPATH would fix the issue, but I
am not 100% sure, that's why I asked. Universal installer ships with a
special paster command - does it inherit the same problem?

-----
Mikko Ohtamaa
mFabrik - Freedom Delivered.

Web site - http://mfabrik.com