[Product-Developers] Re: Correct way to use paster with buildout?

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Thu Feb 11 23:09:18 UTC 2010

Alex Clark wrote:
> On 2010-02-11, Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko+plone at redinnovation.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What's the correct way to use paster with buildout (not universal installer
>> based)?
>>

> Good question, isn't it just:
>
>       setup_requires=["PasteScript"],
>       paster_plugins=["ZopeSkel"],
>
> ?
>
> I'm not sure what install_requires has to do with it

I have always had trouble with this ZopeSkel paster_plugin when I add
dependencies to my product using install_requires -- buildout ends up
trying to install the dependencies within my development egg, rather
than where they're supposed to go, and ends up getting confused.  So I
always just delete the ZopeSkel paster_plugin. I'm not sure what it's
there for.
David

--
David Glick