[Product-Developers] Re: Transmogrifier and portal_catalog indexing

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 11 07:37:27 UTC 2010

Jean Jordaan wrote:
>> if you put it into schemaupdater then you can make it index just the fields
>> that were actually changed
>
> Then computed fields that happened to depend on changed fields
> wouldn't be indexed correctly.
> (Is that a possible scenario in this case?)

The most important "computed" fields - and indexes -
that I can think of right away are

  - SearchableText

  - allowedUsersAndRoles

  - modified/ModificationDate

Given the widespread use of schemaupdater I would be
strictly against anything that risks to get these
indexes out of sync.

But I admit I didn't read the entire thread ...

Raphael