[Product-Developers] How to test for product reinstallation

Shane Graber sgraber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:34:15 UTC 2010

I have a couple products that I'm writing that install portlets and custom
views for certain content items.  Is there a way for me to flag that a
product is being re-installed in the install/uninstall routine?  The way
it's written now, it installs (adding portlets and views as needed) and
uninstalls (removes portlets and resets all views to their defaults prior to
installation).  What I want is some short of flag that I can set in
Extensions/Install.py to flag that it's being reinstalled so that it does
not remove the portlets and already set views.

Is there a way to do that?  Any code would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Shane