[Product-Developers] how to override some template and file in an egg?

Yuri yurj at alfa.it
Thu Apr 15 07:34:22 UTC 2010

Hi!

 for a project I'm working on - a skin -, I need to modify
collective.easyslider to change a couple of properties. I would like to
install the standard collective.easyslider version, then (from the skin)
apply my patches or override a template and a resource file.

This are the diffs:

diff -r
collective.easyslider-0.3rc2/collective/easyslider/browser/files/portlet.js
collective.easyslider-0.3rc2modificata-py2.4.egg//collective/easyslider/browser/files/portlet.js
15c15
<                 top: "0px"
---
 >                 top: "30px"
22c22

diff -r
collective.easyslider-0.3rc2/collective/easyslider/portlets/slider.pt
collective.easyslider-0.3rc2modificata-py2.4.egg//collective/easyslider/portlets/slider.pt
2,3c2
<   class="slider-portlet portlet"
<   tal:attributes="style string:height:${view/data/height}px;">
---
 >   class="slider-portlet portlet">

the first one is a resource file, installed in portal_javascript (so I
have ++resource++easyslider-portlet.js in portal_javascript). The second
one is a render template of a view.

zcml? how to? Many thanks for any info :)