[Product-Developers] plone.app.jquerytools and overlays for forms not using AJAX

David Glick davidglick at groundwire.org
Mon Apr 12 04:44:23 UTC 2010

On 4/11/10 6:29 PM, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to use a p.a.jquerytools-like overlay for a "confirm" screen
> on a complex form. The user configures a product to buy on a bespoke
> form, and then clicks "Buy". At this point, we need to overlay a
> confirm dialogue. This needs to show a few bits of dynamic information
> (which can be calculated in JavaScript) and give a few options (e.g.
> "would you also like to buy" type recommendations), before clicking OK
> or Cancel. Cancel would close the overlay. OK would submit the
> underlying form where the user has configured the product they are
> purchasing.
>
> The crucial thing here is that the form is not a standalone view. It's
> client-side only.
>
> Are there any examples/docs for doing this kind of thing?

Sure, plone.app.jquerytools is just using the JQuery Tools overlay,
which can do things other than load via AJAX, and which has a decent API
documented at http://flowplayer.org/tools/overlay.html  .... I think you
could create a dummy target node on page load, and then use the
overlay's onBeforeLoad callback to populate that node with what you need
in the overlay.
David

--
David Glick