[Product-Developers] [i18n] The i18n game

Hans-Peter Locher hans-peter.locher at inquant.de
Fri Apr 9 06:22:52 UTC 2010


Hi again,

something else to consider...

If you want to add some translations to the plone domain,
you must use an i18n folder, not the "five register locales" approach.

If you would use the "five register locales" approach,
the Zope Translation service is used fot that domain

(not the Placeless Translation Service you reach via the Control Panel)

meaning that only your registered tranlations are pulled in for the plone domain and you loose all

standard translations of Plone.

You could also define a custom i18n domain for you custom packages, prohibiting to interfere
with the plone domain.

Cheers! 

mr_savage
 

Am 06.04.2010 um 10:29 schrieb Espen Moe-Nilssen:

> Could something still renain in
> /Control_Panel/TranslationService
> 
> (Remove it there and restart zope ? )
> 
> Den 18. mar. 2010 kl. 13.37 skrev Andreas Jung:
> 
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>> 
>> Hi there,
>> 
>> we have a fairly large Plone 3.1 site (site language is DE) which
>> several add-ons and policy packages. Now we created a new package
>> idg.translations in order to override some Plone translations with
>> our own translations (in DE).
>> 
>> After the installation of the package (mr.developer, eggs + zcml slug)
>> the *complete* Plone site is show in English *only*.
>> 
>> I tried to track this down...removing the ZCML slug for idg.translations
>> brings the site back with German UI - re-adding the slut -> EN again.
>> 
>> Ok - I tried to track this down:
>> 
>>  - I removed the only .po file:
>> 
>> /src/idg.translations/idg/translations/locales/de/LC_MESSAGES/plone.po,
>> restarted the instance with ZCML slug -> site UI is in EN
>> 
>>  - I removed the registerTranslations configuration from the configure.zcml:
>> 
>> <configure
>>     xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
>>     xmlns:i18n="http://namespaces.zope.org/i18n"
>>     i18n_domain="plone">
>>   <i18n:registerTranslations directory="locales" />
>> </configure>
>> 
>>  and restarted -> site UI is in EN
>> 
>> The package does not contain any other stuff - only the configure.zcml
>> and the 'locales' subfolder.
>> 
>> What the hell is going on here?
>> 
>> - -aj
>> 
>> 
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (Darwin)
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>> 
>> iEYEARECAAYFAkuiHqEACgkQCJIWIbr9KYyJQQCaAikZvIYMzXFp1xVG/4z7lNMk
>> YdQAoM+50rtYquf6RETAiiq+jWrMlQW8
>> =eH4d
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----<lists.vcf>_______________________________________________
>> Product-Developers mailing list
>> Product-Developers at lists.plone.org
>> http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Product-Developers mailing list
> Product-Developers at lists.plone.org
> http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/product-developers

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.plone.org/pipermail/plone-product-developers/attachments/20100409/6e0f71a2/attachment.html>


More information about the Product-Developers mailing list