[Product-Developers] Re: Why don't I get full traceback with testbrowser test?

Andreas Zeidler az at zitc.de
Thu Apr 1 09:41:52 UTC 2010

On 30.03.10 08:20, Suresh V. wrote:
> Mikko Ohtamaa wrote:
>> Try this:
>> http://plonemanual.twinapex.fi/testing_and_debugging/functional_testing.html#functional-test-skeleton
>
> Cool! Worked like a charm. Can this behavior be made the default in
> PloneTestCase.FunctionalTestCase?

PTC doesn't know about testbrowser, and `handleErrors = False` is not
always what you want either.  so i think the defaults here are ok.

apart from that, i put

  alias tb print self.portal.error_log.getLogEntries()[-1]['tb_text']

into my `~/.pdbrc`, so after having set `handleErrors = False`, i can
simply type "tb" at the pdb prompt to print out the offending traceback.

hth,

andi

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - info at zitc.de
plone 4.0 alpha released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/