[Product-Developers] Re: Simple way to change content ownership?

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:55:19 UTC 2009

Mark Phillips wrote:
> Is there a simple way to change the ownership of a piece of content? I
> have a site with scores of members who created several remember/membrane
> logins. I would like to consolidate the content for each user into one
> account and then delete the unnecessary accounts. However, I need a way
> to change the ownership of the content I move. There is a new
> experimental product (http://plone.org/products/iw-memberreplace/)
> available, but only for Plone 3.x. I am running on Plone 2.5. Thanks for
> any suggestions you may have!

You can install collective.novate, which does it properly. Note you want
to add http://good-py.appspot.com/admin/plone.autoform/1.0b2 to your
'extends' line in buildout as well.

Or you can use /ownership_form in Plone (tack it on the end of the URL).
Note that this has problems with its recursive algorithm, though.

Martin