[Product-Developers] Dynamic criteria in topis

Lukas Zdych lukas.zdych at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:28:02 UTC 2009

Hi Jan,

On Sep 18, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Jan Pokorný wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to create a topic with a criteria which value is not
> defined statically but is sent by request. I have a lot of values of
> the criteria, so it is not too practical to define topics for each
> of them.

- if you don't need to store your criteria persistently so you don't
need the Topic :)

> Is there any way how to do it?

- to use criteria from the request you can use SiteRoot/search
template and pass criteria in the same way as the advanced search form
does (SiteRoot/search_form)

- if you need search results view to look like a topic view, maybe you
would like to create simple browser view which will pass criteria
request to portal_catalog.searchResults method and display results as
you need

- maybe you should take a look at "queryCatalog" script in
ZMI:SiteRoot/portal_skins/plone_scripts/

- maybe other possible way is to create copy of one folder's supplied
views (folder_summary_view, folder_tabular_view... etc.) and
customized them to use queryCatalog script instead of
getFolderContents script