[Product-Developers] Showing personal tools?

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:46:20 UTC 2009

Excuse me if this is the wrong place, I am dubious between this
mailing list and the UI one. Sorry!

I am modifying a product, the heddex.tranquillity theme, trying to
make the personal tool appear. I am a complete newbie, but I succeeded
in modifying footers and other parts using TAL via the ZMI, but this
is really beyond my (little!) knowledge. I have read how to hide
personal tools, but I didn't find how to show it, if hidden somehow...
I am surely missing something, I know!

This is the personaltool.pt file in /Plone/portal_view_customizations/
zope.interface.interface-personaltools.pt, but I don't know how to
really read it. (it is unmodified, I didn't touch it, as you can see)

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is greatly
appreciated!

Cheers!

<dl class="portlet" id="portlet-personaltools" i18n:domain="plone">

     <dt class="portletHeader">
               i18n:translate="heading_personal_tools">Personal tools</
span>
     </dt>

     <dd class="portletItem even">
        <a id="user-name"
           tal:attributes="href view/homelink_url"
                  tal:content="view/user_name">
                 John
        ></a>
     </dd>

     <tal:actions tal:repeat="action view/user_actions">
     <dd class="portletItem"
         tal:define="oddrow repeat/action/odd"
         tal:attributes="class python:oddrow and 'portletItem even' or
'portletItem odd'">
['category'], action['id'], None);
                          class_name string:visualIcon actionicon-$
{action/category}-${action/id};
                          class_name python:icon is not None and
class_name or nothing;"
             tal:attributes="class class_name">