[Product-Developers] Re: How to add a contributor/manager for a product on plone.org?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Sat Sep 12 13:52:27 UTC 2009

On 2009-09-10, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> On 2009-9-10 00:40, Jon Stahl wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:06 AM, cewing<cewing at u.washington.edu>  wrote:
>>> this topic came up for discussion just the other day.  I think if you search
>>> archives on this list or one of the other plone lists you'll find it.  The
>>> outcome seemed to be that only the 'owner' role has the right to do at least
>>> some of the things you describe.  Unfortunately, that role is not listed on
>>> the 'sharing' tab and so you can't do what you want by yourself.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what the proper procedure is for getting a new user added as an
>>> 'owner', but there probably should be one (or a fix that allows package
>>> owners to share that role).
>>
>> IIRC martin aspeli wrote a product that adds owner to the sharing tab.
>>   It might be as simple asking the plone.org team to install this
>> package.
>
> Won't that effectively be papering over a bug in PSC? It should be able
> to fully use the standard Plone 3 roles without having to rely on Owner
> roles.

Right, we need to fix:

    "workflow doesn't set the Contributor role for the 'Add portal content'
     permission, only the Owner has it."

in PSC, as was previously mentioned. Although now I'm curious, what is the name
of that product (that adds owner to sharing tab)?

--
Alex Clark · http://aclark.net
Buy Practical Plone 3: http://tinyurl.com/practical-plone