[Product-Developers] Re: AGX neither a method nor a callable

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Sep 10 09:00:58 UTC 2009

bad_my84, on 2009-09-10:

> Found part of the problem... me! (shame shame)
>
> If I added the method in the right place, inside the class that is, it
> wouldn't have had the error.
> Now I can get the values from all fields from it's parent, except the title.
> With .Title() there is no value and with .getTitle() there's an error?

getTitle does not exist so I would expect an attribute error.  Title
*should* work.

The names Title and Description do not have the 'get' in front of them
as the Dublin Core metadata standard expects to be able to ask for
Title and Description.  I don't know the details, but this probably
helps when other systems need to interact with Plone, presenting a
familiar interface.

That sais, try self.aq_inner.aq_parent.Title().  Depending on the
exact code path the aq_parent might not be what you expect and the
extra aq_inner should help there.

In your browser you can also go to <url of parent>/Title and see what
that returns.  I wonder if that perhaps returns nothing in your case.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/