[Product-Developers] Group Dashboard landing page

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Mon Sep 7 07:28:24 UTC 2009

We're about to embark on creating a site with one main landing page
that will contain grid with a lot of links and small forms off to
external sites. We'd like to have this "dashboard" be personalised
based on group membership such that members of group A see a slightly
different set of "tiles" than group B even though it's still the same
landing page.

At the moment I'm going to go with using
collective.collage.portlets
---------------------------------
+ It lets me use content objects with their existing sharing
permissions to determine what to display
- UI is a little confusing
+ Flexible enough to support several layouts.

Just wondering if anyone can anything to my evaluation, or any gotchas
I haven't thought of?

I've also looked at

Inbuilt Plone personal Dashboard
- doesn't support group level portlets
+ layout is ok

collective.portletpage
----------------------------
  - just 4 slots in main content - not grid like enough.
  - groups would each have to have their own page - no personalisation
on portets themselves.
  + UI is easy

Products.ContentWellPortlets
- Not flexible layout. Not grid like