[Product-Developers] How to add a contributor/manager for a product on plone.org?

cewing cewing at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 4 16:06:17 UTC 2009

Jan Hackel-2 wrote:

> Could someone explain how to add a new
> contributor or editor for an existing product on
> plone.org? With contribitor/editor I mean someone
> who can add/modify releases and edit the product
> description.
>
> Granting the "edit" permission via "sharing" does
> not seem to do the trick.
>
> Grüße
> Jan Hackel

this topic came up for discussion just the other day.  I think if you search
archives on this list or one of the other plone lists you'll find it.  The
outcome seemed to be that only the 'owner' role has the right to do at least
some of the things you describe.  Unfortunately, that role is not listed on
the 'sharing' tab and so you can't do what you want by yourself.

I'm not sure what the proper procedure is for getting a new user added as an
'owner', but there probably should be one (or a fix that allows package
owners to share that role).