[Product-Developers] Re: PIL error when using effective-user on Ubuntu Hardy

Guido Stevens guido.stevens at cosent.net
Tue Sep 1 13:11:39 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:
>>> ImportError: No module named misc.lock_file
>>>
>> This is just a guess, but could buildout featch, compile and store a
>> custom PIL somewhere where effective-user does not have access
>
> Good guess, because www-data, by design, has very limited access to anything

It turned out to be a permission problem, indeed. My './src' directory
was not world-readable.

I got confused by the totally incorrect traceback which showed a
Zope2.Startup error in a PIL context... :-(

--
***   Guido A.J. Stevens        ***   tel: +31.43.3618933    ***
***   guido.stevens at cosent.nl   ***   Postbus 619            ***

             s h a r i n g    m a k e s    s e n s e