[Product-Developers] Yet another z3c form calendar picker

David Glick davidglick at onenw.org
Sun Oct 4 22:04:21 UTC 2009

Hedley Roos wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangheem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why not just have one good date time widget available so everyone doesn't
>> keep creating new ones.  IMO, it should support a date time picker pop up by
>> default and gracefully work with javascript disabled also.  Then provide the
>> proper amount of configuration options to make it usable by most.
>>
>> Why not just collaborate with the author of
>> collective.z3cform.datetimewidget to make it better?
>>

> I'm one step ahead of you :) I'm using Rok's product as a base and
> experimenting with wiring in the jquery "official" date picker. I'll
> have a chat with him if he is going to Budapest.
>
> BTW I'm *not* creating a new date picker. There are some nice widgets
> out there that just need to be wrapped for use with z3c.form.

+1 to this approach.  This is the direction Rok and I intended for
collective.z3cform.datetimewidget, but neither of us has found time to
work on it yet.  So I'm happy for the help. :)

It's important that the widget continue to work fine if Javascript is
not enabled.  And also it should remain possible to explicitly choose to
use a version of the widget without a popup date picker, when that is
desired.

peace,
David