[Product-Developers] Feedback about LDAP

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Wed May 27 13:53:40 UTC 2009

Wichert Akkerman a écrit :
> Previously Jean-Michel FRANCOIS wrote:
>
>> I need to know how you are using OpenLDAP with the Zope transaction
>> manager. Because OpenLDAP has no transaction, How do you abort Zope
>> transaction ? RDBMS  are well integrated in the zope transaction, but i
>> don't find anything on the same for OpenLDAP.
>>

> LDAP operations in Plone are not transaction aware. If you want to do
> that you would have to queue any writes and commit them when the
> transaction is being commited. I haven't looked into it, but I suspect
> it will not be too difficult to implement.
>
> Wichert.

Thank you Wichert for your answer.

The only transaction manager code i have red was from MaildropHost. It
doesn't seems too difficult except in one use case for OpenLDAP:

Transaction Start
Adding some entries in the ldap
Query entries
End of the transaction

You will not have entries as result of your query because they are not
already register.

--
Cordialement,
Jean-Michel FRANCOIS