[Product-Developers] PloneRSSSearch compatibility with Plone 3

Gilles Lenfant gilles.lenfant at ingeniweb.com
Fri May 22 13:45:52 UTC 2009

Le 20 mai 09 à 19:39, difi80211g a écrit :

> Have you had any luck getting this add on working in Plone 3 yet?  I
> am very
> interested in getting this feature to work in our Plone 3 site.

This could not (and will not) work as of Plone 3.x.
On Plone 2.5 and previous, PloneRSSSearch used the login cookie "__ac"
from the request to (try to) authenticate on the remote site. In a
certain way, PloneRSSSearch authenticated search takes advantage of a
Plone security issue that's gone since Plone 3.
This does not work as of Plone 3.x due to the use of a safer cookie
crumbler with encrypted cookie.