[Product-Developers] Re: Vary the display view by url/domain

David Bain david.bain at alteroo.com
Thu May 21 16:27:30 UTC 2009

Martin,
Four months ago I'd be googling all over the place to understand your
comment. I understand conceptually what you're talking about, so
that's progress. I'm sure it's about 10 lines of code.

Any examples of this technique that you can point to? or best phrases to google?

Hopefully, I'll be able to implement that stuff without blinking in
the near future.
I'm keeping your suggestion as my plan B.

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 5:10 AM, Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Bain wrote:
>>
>> I would like the pages in my site to use a custom template
>> "mobile_view" if accessed via http://mobile.{mysite}.com
>> but to se the normal "document_view" otherwise.
>
> If you use Z3 views, at least, you can install an on-traverse hook that adds
> a marker interface to the request if the URL has that pattern, and then
> register the alternate views for layer=".interfaces.IMobile" or whatever.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Author of `Professional Plone Development`, a book for developers who
> want to work with Plone. See http://martinaspeli.net/plone-book

SplashStart - Professional Websites. Starting Now.
http://www.splashstart.com