[Product-Developers] Active Directory read and write capabilities

Hedley Roos hedleyroos at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:23:16 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Tim Knapp <duffyd at kokorice.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using AD in the past it has only ever been read-only. Unsure if
> this has changed since but I hadn't heard anything to the contrary.

Hi

I guess I should answer since I wrote that howto :)

AD with both read and write does indeed work using that approach. That
was done long ago for a 2.1.2 site. I don't even know if the client's
site still authenticates to AD.

It was a nightmare to get working and nearly all of our clients use
LDAP in any case.

I wish I could be of more help. My suggestion is that you sit with the
AD server on one side and a terminal with a Python shell on the other
and then do a nearly blackbox debugging session. That's what I did.

Good luck!
Hedley