[Product-Developers] Help identify Plone's API

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Sun May 17 19:20:33 UTC 2009

On May 17, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We've recently had some discussions about what Plone's "API" looks
> like. The challenge, of course, is that so many things are
> customisable, so "the API" is really a very loose term, when you can
> call just about anything.
>
> That said, I think there are about 50-100 interfaces/tools/functions
> that cover 80% of what most of us do day-to-day. If we can capture
> those, we can do some useful things like:
>
> - identify which APIs suck
> - identify which APIs we're missing (i.e. we end up having to poke
> at internals when we should have some clearly defined interface)
> - identify where we have duplication and can consolidate APIs
> - document!

  [...]

Is this a good place to discuss documenting the zope.publisher request/
response API?

FWIW, there has beens some recent talk about changing the
implementation using WebOb as a model:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-March/thread.html#34870
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/steeringgroup/openissues.html

Ric