[Product-Developers] Active Directory read and write capabilities

mangocat1 Kristopher at thelemkefamily.com
Sun May 17 16:28:41 UTC 2009

I am following the directions found here:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/activedirectory-with-read-and-write-functionality.

Plone is able to connect to my AD server, and I am able to see LDAP groups.
If I delete a LDAP group from within Plone, it also gets deleted from AD.
The problem is that when I attempt to ADD a group via Plone, I receive this
error message:

INVALID_DN_SYNTAX LDAPDelegate.insert: {'info': '00000057: LdapErr:
DSID-0C090C26, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0,
v1771', 'desc': 'Invalid DN syntax'}.

I get the same message when attempting to add a user.

Also, searching for users yields no results and I am unable to log into the
portal with any user names found in AD.

Any ideas?