[Product-Developers] Re: Wrong available version shown in portal_quickinstaller in moved Plone install

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu May 14 08:59:45 UTC 2009

Raphael Ritz, on 2009-05-14:
> Daniel Holth wrote:
>> For a few months now I've been seeing the wrong available version in
>> Plone 3.2.2's portal_quickinstaller for CacheSetup and a couple of
>> internal products. The QuickInstallerTool version 2.1.6 is able to
>> find the version if it's in profiles/default/metadata.xml but it can't
>> find it if it's in version.txt ; obviously I'd prefer to only have
>> version.txt because it's easier to suck that into setup.py and so
>> forth.
>>
>> It looks like the problem is that I've moved my Plone install.
>
> That can indeed confuse the QI as the persisted product info
> becomes outdated.
>
> Usually, it helps to delete the product entry from the quickinstaller
> in ZMI -> portal_quickinstaller -> Contents tab.
> After that, restart your Zope instance and you should be all set.

That is what I usually do after copying a Data.fs too; and I remove
everything in the Placeless Translation Service, which is also in the
root Zope Control Panel.

For how various QI/Plone versions handle version numbers in add-on
products, see my weblog entry:

http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2009/04/version-numbers-in-cmfquickinstaller

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/