[Product-Developers] How to add custom permissions to a Standalone View

cvielma cvielma+nable at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:21:27 UTC 2009

Hi there people!

Due to a senseless discuss with a very frustrated guy, and in order to show
my problem better, i decided to separate my early post in two problems.

I have an standalone view, and i want to make a product that adds permission
to access that view to some users (maybe a role).

I have followed this
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/adding-a-custom-permission-to-a-plone-2-5-product.

My product schema has the following:

- profiles/
     - default/
            - rolemap.xml
                         <?xml version="1.0"?>
                         <rolemap>
                           <roles>
                             <role name="MyRole" />
                           </roles>
                           <permissions>
                               <permission name="MyProduct: MyPermission"
                                          acquire="True">
                                   <role name="MyRole" />
                             </permission>
                           </permissions>
                         </rolemap>
            - import-steps.xml:
                         <?xml version="1.0"?>
                         <import-steps>
                          <import-step id="goldmine-permisos"
version="20090512-01"

handler="acmkms.goldmine.setuphandlers.createPermission"
                                        title="Crear permiso nuevo para
conexion con Goldmine">
                          </import-step>
                          </import-steps>
- configure.zcml:
                          <configure
                         xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
                         xmlns:five="http://namespaces.zope.org/five"

xmlns:genericsetup="http://namespaces.zope.org/genericsetup"
                         i18n_domain="acmkms.goldmine">
                          <!-- Include the sub-packages that use their own
configure.zcml files. -->
                             <include package=".browser" />
                             <include package=".zsql" />
                             <!-- Register the installation GenericSetup
extension profile -->
                             <genericsetup:registerProfile
                               name="default"
                               title="Goldmine"
                               directory="profiles/default"
                               description="Provee interfaces y los
requerimientos para realizar consultas a Goldmine desde ACMKMS."

provides="Products.GenericSetup.interfaces.EXTENSION"
                               />
                         </configure>
- __init__.py (empty)
- setuphandlers.py
                          from Products.CMFCore.permissions import
setDefaultRoles
                          def createPermission(portal):
                              setDefaultRoles('MyProduct: MyPermission', ())

I do buildout and then when i try to install, plone says to me that the
package broken, and the error is: ValueError: The permission <em>Goldmine:
Consultar</em> is invalid.

Does anyone know where maybe the problem, or what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance to not frustrated helping guys!

Greetings,