[Product-Developers] Wrong available version shown in portal_quickinstaller in moved Plone install

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:45:40 UTC 2009

For a few months now I've been seeing the wrong available version in
Plone 3.2.2's portal_quickinstaller for CacheSetup and a couple of
internal products. The QuickInstallerTool version 2.1.6 is able to
find the version if it's in profiles/default/metadata.xml but it can't
find it if it's in version.txt ; obviously I'd prefer to only have
version.txt because it's easier to suck that into setup.py and so
forth.

It looks like the problem is that I've moved my Plone install. When it
tries to find version.txt in QuickInstallerTool.getProductFile():

prodpath=self.Control_Panel.Products._getOb(p).home

"home" points to an obsolete path so it can't find version.txt. Re-
installing the product does not change .home

Should I edit initializeProduct(productp, name, home, app) in Zope2's
App/Product.py to update products' home on startup? Not all products
seem to have this problem, maybe I'm doing something wrong in my
default/profiles or Install.py?

Thanks,

Daniel Holth