[Product-Developers] How to add permissions and create Zope SQL

cvielma cvielma+nable at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:10:11 UTC 2009

Hi people!

Well i think my problem it's very stupid, but i have been more than a week
in it :S

I want to make a very specialized product, that creates a form view where
the user put some search criteria and then another view that show the
results of a table in a relational database that match the criteria. It's
pretty simple.

So far, i went through the ZMI and created a database connection (MySQL),
and the ZSQL Method corresponding to the query. Also, i created the
standalone views in the product.

But i'm really stuck in creating a Zope Database Connection and ZSQL Method.
I followed this:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/add-file-system-zsql-method and
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/move-your-zsql-methods-to-the-filesystem.

Of course, also checked:
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/zope2book/source/RelationalDatabases.html.

Also, i can't create a custom permission to the views (i want that only some
role or group of users to view the form and query results). I have donde
this:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/adding-a-custom-permission-to-a-plone-2-5-product

I'm also following Martin's book, but he uses new content types, and i don't
need all of that. And the standalone-view in the example, just have
cmf.ManagePortal permission.

This is my first product :S

Thank you sooooo much!