[Product-Developers] PloneFormGen multi-page forms: confirmation and editing

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun May 10 17:04:39 UTC 2009

Previously Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're using PloneFormGen with a multi-page form as described here:
>
> http://plone.org/products/ploneformgen/documentation/how-to/create-a-multi-page-form
>
> There are three things I'd like to do, and I'm wondering if anyone's
> either attempted this or have thoughts on how hard it'd be to do.
>
>  1) Repeating each field and making them hidden is a bit of a pain. I
> was wondering if it'd be possible to create a new type of field that'd
> basically just collate all fields from the previous request (i.e. all
> values in the request less any fields on the current form) and passed
> them along as hidden fields. Would that be feasible?

I once suggested to Steve to add a previous-form reference to a form. If
that was set PloneFormGen would follow the reference and copy all fields
over as hidden inputs. This is similar to your idea, except it would
put the setting on the form itself, which is a more logical place to put
it imho.

Wichert.